LEGENDS & CASTLES
It's time to start your adventure
Our Legends & Castles tour has a variety of sights and attractions that includes something for everyone.
- Departing from your hotel in Edinburgh at 0845, we embark on a great day out making our first stop at Stirling Castle. We feel that this may eclipse Edinburgh Castle for things to see. It includes the Royal Apartments, the Great Hall and the Kitchens, where you can discover how feasts were prepared for Kings and Queens hundreds of years ago. Like Edinburgh Castle, Stirling is built upon volcanic rock and views from it are breath-taking.
- To allow you time to fully explore the castle, we shall stop here for two hours. It is possible to take a guided tour here at no extra cost. The Wallace Monument could easily be substituted for Stirling Castle as could Deanston whisky distillery.
- From here, we travel to Doune Castle for a photostop. You may well recognise it from Monty Python’s Holy Grail and more recently, Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander series.
- After this, we drive to the pretty village of Drymen where we stop for lunch. We then make the very short drive to Loch Lomond, perhaps Scotland’s most beautiful Loch, where you can enjoy a short nature walk offering great views, fresh air and excellent photo opportunities.
- We then return to Edinburgh, stopping at Scotland’s 6th UNESCO World Heritage site, the Forth Railway Bridge, before we drop you off at your accommodation around 6pm. A great day out and something for everyone.