It's time to start your adventure
Tracing the footsteps of Jamie and Claire where you will be able to visit 2 Scottish Castles, a Scottish Royal Palace and an incredibly well preserved 16C. Village. A must for every Outlander fan.
1-day tour, duration 9hrs
- Departing Edinburgh at 0830 or similar by arrangement, your first stop will be the quaint village of South Queensferry, perfectly located on the Firth of Forth, offering great views of The Forth Railway Bridge, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- The next stop will be Jamie’s family home, Midhope Castle, Lallybroch in the Outlander series. It is in a derelict state so no access to the interior, still a great stop for photos though.
- From here, you pass by Stirling and Doune Castle en-route to Doune Castle, you may know it as Castle Leoch, the Mackenzie’s family home. A well preserved 13thC tower Castle with impressive great hall, tower gatehouse and lovely views over the River Teith.
- From here, your journey takes you to the lovely village of Culross. This virtually unaltered 16thC village which overlooks the sea, poses as the fictional town Cransmuir in the series. You will have time to explore Claire’s herb garden, Culross Palace and enjoy some lunch.
- You then visit Falkland Village which featured in the show as Old Inverness. Steeped in history with Falkland Palace at its heart, a great stop to take those all important photographs of Mrs Bairds guest house. From here, you return to your accommodation in Edinburgh.
- If you would like to visit Linlithgow palace, also used for the filming of Outlander, it is possible by removing your visit to Doune Castle, Culross village or Falkland Palace