It's time to start your adventure
The Highlander 1 day tour is a great day out to a lovely part of the Highlands, Perthshire, with something for everyone.
1-day tour, duration 9.5hrs
- After collecting you from your Edinburgh hotel or other location, you make the short journey to view Scotland’s sixth UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Forth Railway bridge, a truly wonderful sight.
- You continue your journey making a stop in the pretty small town of Dunkeld. A delightful town with its 15c Cathedral, small arts and crafts shops and cosy cafes, it’s a great place to visit, you stop here for around 45 minutes.
- You then visit The Hermitage, an 18c planned forest walk alongside the River Bran, a beautiful place with dramatic waterfalls and lovely forest air.
- After having worked up an appetite, you stop in Pitlochry for lunch. A lovely Victorian town, with an abundance of restaurants and cafes, great shopping and Scottish gift shops too.
- You continue your journey through the mountains and glens to Aberfeldy, where you can choose to visit Dewar’s World of Whisky or, if you would prefer, spend time in the Highland town of Aberfeldy itself. Dewar’s is one of the top selling whiskies in America and they offer great guided tours of this picturesque distillery. Dewar’s World of Whisky can be substituted for Scotland’s smallest whisky distillery, Edradour or Bells, if you would prefer, subject to availability.
- From here, you return to Edinburgh, to your accommodation or anywhere else within the city by prior arrangement. A lovely day out, Tiny Tartan Tours really rate this tour highly.