THE LOCH NESS MONSTER
It's time to start your adventure
Short on time and want to see as much as possible in one day? The Loch Ness Monster is for you! Taking in stunning scenery, mysterious Lochs and quaint small towns, this is a fabulous day out.
1-day tour, duration 12hrs
- Departing from your hotel in Edinburgh at 7.45am, you travel in a north westerly direction past the medieval stronghold of Stirling Castle and the Wallace Monument. This area is steeped in history and legend including some gruesome battles.
- You make your first stop in the Victorian Town of Callander, nestled right next to the Highland fault line with excellent views to The Highlands. There is an artisan bakery here where you can enjoy, amongst other things, a steak and haggis pie, cake and coffee.
- You continue your tour into the mountains and glens of the Scottish Highlands, making photos stops along the way. You stop in the centre of Glencoe to take in the stunning scenery and atmosphere.
- Next, you pass through the largest town of the Highlands, Fort William. You stop at the Commando Memorial, with an interesting military history and a stunning vista on a clear day to the UK’s highest mountain, Ben Nevis.
- You then travel up the Great Glen to Loch Ness and stop in the pretty loch side village of Fort Augustus for around two hours. You can enjoy lunch here and take a walk along the shores of the loch itself or spend time beside the locks of the Caledonian Canal. There is also an excellent hourly boat cruise, which for many is an iconic activity on any trip to Scotland.
- The Loch Ness Monster tour concludes with your return to Edinburgh via the Cairngorm National Park, stopping in the Victorian town of Pitlochry for refreshments before arriving back at your accommodation in Edinburgh at around 8pm.